- Are cashews wholesome for you? In addition to tasting nice, they’re additionally filled with vitamins and assist help an array of advantages.
- Cashews is usually a useful snack on their very own, or they are often integrated into your weight loss plan in different methods, from cashew butter in a smoothie to a crunchy add-in to stir fries.
- Curious in regards to the dietary worth of cashews and the way that differs from cashew butter diet? Get the news beneath.
Cashews make for a scrumptious, low-carb snack—however are cashews good for you? Because it seems, sure! Cashews not solely style superb, however they’re additionally filled with micronutrients and high quality fat that may assist help your well being targets. Learn on to be taught extra about cashew diet and what to search for on this scrumptious snack.
Are cashews good for you?
Cashews, sometimes called cashew nuts, are literally kidney-shaped seeds originating from a tropical tree known as Anacardium occidentale native to Brazil. In addition they develop throughout many elements of Asia, and elements of the cashew tree are frequent cures in conventional medication. At the moment, cashews are thought of exceptionally nutritious superfoods—that’s one of many causes they’ve a starring function in Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bars!
Okay, now for the necessary particulars: cashew diet details. A single cashew accommodates about 21% protein, 46% fats and 25% carbohydrates. A one-quarter cup serving accommodates about 200 energy, 5 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbs and 16 grams of fats.
Cashews possess a superb steadiness of wholesome fats varieties—62% of the cashew’s fatty acids are steady monounsaturated fats (MUFAs), whereas simply 18% are polyunsaturated fat (PUFAs). Whereas many nuts possess excessive ranges of PUFAs, which promote irritation, cashews have comparatively low quantities of PUFAs, which helps help a greater fatty acid profile.
Cashews’ diet worth additionally comes from the presence of antioxidants, useful compounds that assist defend towards free radicals and help the immune system. Even higher, cashews additionally include necessary micronutrients like calcium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc and vitamin E. Discuss a good supply of advantages!
Cashew butter can also be a useful snack to have in your pantry—this wealthy, creamy unfold looks like a deal with however has some strong dietary and dietary advantages, too.
Cashew butter diet details are as follows: For a tablespoon serving, cashew butter accommodates roughly 97 energy, practically 2 grams of protein, about 5 grams of carbs and eight.5 grams of fats.
A fast notice: When you have a tree nut allergy, you’ll probably wish to avoid cashew nuts. Seek the advice of together with your physician or dietitian in the event you’re not sure. And, as with most meals, cashews are helpful moderately—you’ll want to steadiness consuming cashews with different recent, entire meals.
The advantages of cashews
What are a few of the well being advantages of cashews? Listed here are a couple of methods these nuts may also help help your physique:
- Strengthens bone and joint tissue: Cashews’ magnesium and copper content material work in live performance to strengthen bone mass.  A lot of the magnesium in your physique is saved within the bones, so in the event you’re poor, your bones will take successful. Copper helps preserve bones and joints versatile by synthesizing collagen and elastin.
- Relaxes nerves: Magnesium in cashews prevents calcium from over-activating nerve cells, due to this fact stress-free them. This motion retains your blood vessels and muscular tissues relaxed as effectively. (Chances are you’ll discover that in case your magnesium ranges are low, you usually get muscle cramps.)
- Retains pores and skin and hair wholesome: The copper in cashews helps to fabricate numerous enzymes concerned in hemoglobin and collagen formation. Collagen is the primary structural protein present in hair and pores and skin that offers it elasticity—so you may consider copper as one of many precursors to your luscious locks.
- Aids in weight administration: Cashews include much less fats than different widespread nuts, together with pecans, macadamia nuts and walnuts. But what makes them a successful nut for weight administration nut is that they’re nutrient- and energy-dense and in addition present some fiber, which makes them extra filling—a boon for managing weight.
- Helps coronary heart well being: In line with some research, consuming cashews as a part of a nutritious diet might assist help regular perform of the guts.   
- Diabetes administration: Analysis on cashews and diabetes administration exhibits the potential advantages of consuming these nuts. A examine conduced on sufferers with sort 2 diabetes confirmed that consuming cashews each day helped scale back serum insulin and their LDL ldl cholesterol/HDL ldl cholesterol ratio. One other examine conduced on 300 adults with sort 2 diabetes discovered that cashew nut supplementation diminished systolic blood strain and elevated HDL ldl cholesterol concentrations.
Scrumptious methods to get pleasure from extra cashews
Okay, so now cashews are nutritious, scrumptious and have tons of advantages. They’re additionally oh-so-versatile. You may eat them on their very own or discover them in Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bars.
We primarily use cashews over different nuts or seeds as a result of cashew diet worth is so balanced. We use cashew butter and cashew meal (one other identify for cashew flour) in our bars. We use thorough lab testing for toxins to ship a clear (and scrumptious) product, whether or not you’re snacking on a Double Chocolate Chocolate Dipped Collagen Bar or Vanilla Shortbread Collagen Protein Bar.
Get pleasure from a Collagen Protein Bar if you desire a satisfying snack that tastes like a cookie, however fuels like a protein bar. Or deal with your self to a Chocolate Dipped Collagen Bar if you wish to fulfill your chocolate cravings with out the sugar crash.
Recipes with cashews
Searching for a couple of methods to extend your cashew nut consumption? Whether or not you wish to eat uncooked cashews on prime of a home made stir-fry otherwise you desire consuming cashews in a crunchy path combine, you’ll by no means get tired of these do-it-all tree nuts. Beneath are a couple of of our favourite cashew-centric recipes which are additionally filled with tons of different dietary and well being advantages.
- Darkish Chocolate Path Combine Bites: These take-with-you bites strike the right steadiness between salty and candy—they usually’re a breeze to make. Be at liberty to combine and match together with your favourite path combine add-ins, like pistachios and dried fruit.
- Maple Roasted Nut Combine: This crunchy snack combines the candy tang of maple syrup with nutritious nuts, Bulletproof Mind Octane C8 MCT Oil and savory seasonings.
- Zoodles With Alfredo Sauce: This hearty meal makes use of cashews in a shocking approach: to make a creamy sauce that’s filled with vitamins.
- No-Bake Coconut Lemon Bars: Should you love cheesecake, you’ll wish to make a batch of those tart and satisfying lemon bars ASAP. The recipe incorporates cashews into the creamy, lemony base.
- Carrot Cake Collagen Muffins: These spicy and flavorful muffins function a creamy cashew-based frosting.
- Edible Cookie Dough: Cashews function the bottom for this egg-free, nutrient-packed cookie dough which you could eat straight from the spoon.
Searching for wholesome snacks that fulfill your between-meal cravings? Take a look at these simple Whole30 snacks to maintain you on observe.
Be a part of the Bulletproof Revolution
Join early entry to gross sales, product launches, the most recent Bulletproof information and extra!
This text has been up to date with new content material.